The Musician's Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance, and Wellness (Paperback)
Price: $28.95 / $28.66 Members: $25.79
The Musician's Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance, and Wellness
By Gerald Klickstein
In The Musician's Way, veteran performer and educator Gerald Klickstein combines the latest research with his 30 years of professional experience to provide aspiring musicians with a roadmap to artistic excellence.
- Delivers inclusive information for improving practice, performance, and self-care skills.
- Written by a nationally known performer and educator, from one of America's top conservatories, with 30 years of experience teaching musicians to perform at professional levels.
- Unites current research findings with the author's applied expertise to provide practical strategies that musicians can promptly put to use.
- Introduces a comprehensive process for practicing music to stage-ready condition.
- Presents a groundbreaking method for overcoming performance anxiety.
- Supplies key guidelines for productive musical collaboration.
- Includes case histories of musicians who surmounted obstacles to artistic excellence, as well as inspiring quotations from elite performer
Part I, Artful Practice, describes strategies to interpret and memorize compositions, fuel motivation, collaborate, and more.
Part II, Fearless Performance, lifts the lid on the hidden causes of nervousness and shows how musicians can become confident performers.
Part III, Lifelong Creativity, surveys tactics to prevent music-related injuries and equips musicians to tap their own innate creativity.
Written in a conversational style, The Musician's Way presents an inclusive system for all instrumentalists and vocalists to advance their musical abilities and succeed as performing artists.
- Published: 03 September 2009
- 360 Pages | 51 photos; 58 music ex.
- 6 1/8 X 9 1/4 inches
Write the first review
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review