The Art of Renée Fleming (CD)
Price: $18.00 Members: $16.20
Release Date: September 11, 2012
The Art of Renée Fleming brings together 18 defining tracks spanning her finest Decca recordings, including favorite arias by Puccini, Handel and Gershwin, and duets with Bryn Terfel and Plácido Domingo. Four special bonus tracks reflect Renée Fleming’s prominence beyond classical repertoire with two Broadway classics, Amazing Grace - which she memorably sang at the site of the World Trade Center, and a new version of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah.
1. Ave Maria, D839
2. Norma / Act 1 - Casta Diva
3. Adriana Lecouvreur / Act 1 - Io son l'umile ancella
4. Roméo et Juliette / Act 1 - "Ah, je veux vivre"
5. Die tote Stadt / Act 1 - Glück, das mir verblieb (Mariettalied)
6. Rusalka, Op.114 / Act 1 - O Silver Moon
7. La Wally / Act 1 - Ebben? Ne andrò lontana
8. Tosca / Act 2 - "Vissi d'arte, vissi d'amore"
9. Madama Butterfly / Act 2 - Un bel dì vedremo
10. Porgy and Bess - Act 1 - Summertime
11. Gianni Schicchi - "O mio babbino caro"
12. West Side Story - original version - Somewhere
13. Serse / Act 1 - "Ombra mai fù"
14. Ave Maria
15. Wheels of a dream [Ragtime]
16. Amazing Grace
17. You'll Never Walk Alone [Carousel]
Read 1 Review / Write a Review
This CD, although there are no newly recorded tracks, is a true gem. This CD highlights not only a lot of the best recordings Ms. Fleming has ever made, but it also highlights a lot of the most mainstream arias and songs that she has recorded, making it a great introductory CD to opera in general. For fleming fans, this CD is a must have it shows in great detail her versatility as a singer and her undeniable artistry.Anonymous, October 2012