Price: $5.95 Members: $5.36
by William Shakespeare, edited by Sylvan Barnet
The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare’s incomparable tragic play.
“To be, or not to be: that is the question.”
There is arguably no work of fiction as oft-quoted as William Shakespeare’s Hamlet. This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father’s death has captivated audiences for centuries.
This title in the Signet Classics Shakespeare series includes:
- An overview of Shakespeare’s life, world, and theater
- A special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet
- A note on the sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet
- Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge, A.C. Bradley, Maynard Mack, and others
- A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Hamlet
- Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable format
- Recommended readings
- Mass Market Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Signet; Revised and Updated ed. edition (June 1, 1998)
- Dimensions: 4.19” W x 0.59” D x 6.81” H
Write the first review
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review