Home / For the Home / Decorative Accessories / "Tosca" Musical Jewelry Box (Item# 1000008032 )
"Tosca" Musical Jewelry Box
This collectible musical jewelry box features a reproduction of the vintage poster from Puccini's Tosca on the cover, a soft light beige velvet interior, a ring roll and storage space.
The hand-crafted inlaid walnut box is made in Italy and plays "E lucevan le stelle".
- Hand-crafted in Sorrento, Italy following traditional methods that date back centuries.
- 18 note movement plays "E lucevan le stelle"
- A wind-up musical mechanism is mounted on the inside and can be viewed thru a clear glass panel when the box is opened.
- Interior is lined with velvet for storing precious keepsakes; also, features a ring roll.
- Dimensions: 6.75"L x 5"W x 2.25"H
Tosca premiered in 1900 at the Teatro Costanzi in Rome. It is one of the world’s most frequently performed operas and is known as much for its gripping drama as for its appealing score. The setting is Rome, where Tosca, a beautiful and famous singer, battles to save her lover Mario from the sadistic police chief Scarpia. The role of Tosca has been long considered a proving ground for great operatic actresses.
You might also like......