Home / Gifts / Music Boxes & Instruments / "Rigoletto" Musical Jewelry Box (Item# 1000009117 )
"Rigoletto" Musical Jewelry Box
Rigoletto Musical Jewelry Box
This collectible musical jewelry box features a reproduction of the vintage poster from Verdi's Rigoletto on the cover, a soft light beige velvet interior, a ring roll and storage space.
The hand-crafted inlaid walnut box is made in Italy and plays "La Donna E Mobile".
- Hand-crafted in Sorrento, Italy following traditional methods that date back centuries.
- 18 note movement plays "La Donna E Mobile"
- A wind-up musical mechanism is mounted on the inside and can be viewed thru a clear glass panel when the box is opened.
- Interior is lined with velvet for storing precious keepsakes; also, features a ring roll.
- Dimensions: 4 3/8" wide x 5 3/4" long x 2 1/2” deep
One of the most popular operas in the repertoire, Verdi’s riveting drama was first seen in 1851 at Venice’s Teatro La Fenice. Together with his next two works, Il Trovatore and La Traviata, it formed the basis for the composer’s lasting success. For his new production, director Michael Mayer has moved the action from 16th-century Mantua to 1960s Las Vegas: “I tried to imagine a recent world that captures the decadence of the Duke’s palace, where the participants are in pursuit of power, money, and beauty,” he says. Las Vegas in the ’60s is such a world, where a kind of prankster energy could go bad.”
You might also like......