$14.00 Sale Price $12.60 Members
Home / Gifts / Decorative Accessories / "Madama Butterfly" Musical Jewelry Box (Item# 1000008033 )
"Madama Butterfly" Musical Jewelry Box
This collectible musical jewelry box features a reproduction of the vintage poster from Puccini's Madama Butterfly on the cover, a soft light beige velvet interior, a ring roll and storage space.
The hand-crafted inlaid walnut box is made in Italy and plays "Un bel di".
- Hand-crafted in Sorrento, Italy following traditional methods that date back centuries.
- 18 note movement plays "Un bel di"
- A wind-up musical mechanism is mounted on the inside and can be viewed thru a clear glass panel when the box is opened.
- Interior is lined with velvet for storing precious keepsakes; also, features a ring roll.
- Dimensions: 6.75"L x 5"W x 2.25"H
Puccini’s original version of Madama Butterfly premiered at Milan’s Teatro alla Scala in 1904. The composer was inspired to write an opera about a tragic love between a young Japanese geisha and an American Navy officer after seeing David Belasco’s play by the same name performed in London in June 1900. Puccini’s score includes many Japanese folk melodies, and is one of his most sweeping and sophisticated. It remains one of the world’s most popular operas.
You might also like......