$11.20 Sale Price $10.08 Members
Home / Gifts / Decorative Accessories / "La Bohème" Musical Jewelry Box (Item# 1000008031 )
"La Bohème" Musical Jewelry Box
This collectible musical jewelry box features a reproduction of the vintage poster from Puccini's La Bohème on the cover, a soft light beige velvet interior, a ring roll and storage space.
The hand-crafted inlaid walnut box is made in Italy and plays "Musetta's Waltz".
- Hand-crafted in Sorrento, Italy following traditional methods that date back centuries.
- 18 note movement plays "Musetta's Waltz"
- A wind-up musical mechanism is mounted on the inside and can be viewed thru a clear glass panel when the box is opened.
- Interior is lined with velvet for storing precious keepsakes; also, features a ring roll.
- Dimensions: 6.75"L x 5"W x 2.25"H
One of the most popular operas of all time, Puccini’s La Bohème premiered at Turin’s Teatro Regino in 1896. The work, renowned for its beautiful arias and emotional intensity, opens in the Parisian garret of a group of young artists and writers. This is where the poet Rodolfo meets his neighbor Mimì, who knocks on the door and asks to borrow a candle. Thus begins a fateful – and unforgettable – relationship as the two struggle to sustain their love against the challenges of poverty, jealousy and physical decline.
You might also like......