Home / For the Home / Music Boxes & Instruments / "Falstaff" Musical Jewelry Box (Item# 10058391 )
"Falstaff" Musical Jewelry Box
Falstaff Musical Jewelry Box
This collectible musical jewelry box features a reproduction of the vintage poster from Verdi's Falstaff on the cover, a soft light beige velvet interior, a ring roll and storage space.
The hand-crafted inlaid walnut box is made in Italy and plays ""Dal Labbro Il Canto Estasiato Vola".
- Hand-crafted in Sorrento, Italy following traditional methods that date back centuries.
- 18 note movement plays "Dal Labbro Il Canto Estasiato Vola"
- A wind-up musical mechanism is mounted on the inside and can be viewed thru a clear glass panel when the box is opened.
- Interior is lined with velvet for storing precious keepsakes; also, features a ring roll.
- Dimensions: 4 3/8" wide x 5 3/4" long x 2 1/2” deep
Giuseppe Verdi’s Falstaff
Verdi's final opera, and the third of his stage works to be based on a Shakespeare play, premiered at Milan’s La Scala in 1893, a triumphal success for the almost 80-year-old composer. Baritone Victor Maurel, who sang the title role, reprised his performance in the opera’s U.S. premiere at the Met two years later. In the 2013–14 season, Music Director James Levine conducts a new production directed by Robert Carsen, the first new Met Falstaff since 1964.
You might also like......